Commonly Asked Questions
How long have you been in business?
- Our lead contractor and owner of Tony Miller Construction, Tony Miller, began building custom homes in 1995. Prior to starting his own construction company, Tony moved homes with his father where he learned the in's and out's of a home from the foundation to the roof and everything in-between.
How long does is typically take to build a home?
- Once the foundation is completed, it typically takes six to eight months to complete the build.
"It's our first time to build, how does the process work?"
- Initial Meeting: The potential homeowners will meet with Tony and go over any questions they may have about the building process and the price per square foot based on their wishlist for their home.
- Create a floor plan: If you have already selected a floor plan and have the plans, you will bring them to your initial meeting with our team. If you do not have an official floor plan we can recommend a draftsman that will meet with you to draw your plans based off your wishlist.
- Visit the lot: We will meet you at your lot and go over the amount of dirt work that will need to be completed to get the pad ready for foundation.
- Bid: Once your floor plan is completed we will run numbers based on the square footage, roof, flooring, etc.
- Contract: If the bid is accepted, all parties will sign the official building contract and we can get the building process started.
"Do you have land or do we need to purchase the land separately?
- Typically, the homeowners will purchase the land prior to building. We do have lots available periodically but they do sell quickly. If you are looking for a lot to build on you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or subscribe to our newsletter via our website to inquire about available lots.
"What is the average cost of your homes?"
- On average our homes run $140-$150 per square foot for the living area and about $110-120 per square foot under roof. We build high quality custom homes. Our pricing can vary based on the homeowners wish-list, interior selections, exterior selections, landscaping, etc.
Have a question not listed here or are you interested in learning more about our building process?
Contact us today!